Saturday, October 31, 2009

Good versus Evil

Sullivan: Yglesias Award Nominee
"If I had been free to blog earlier, I would have added my voice to those, starting with Kathryn, who praised the president's dignified trip to Dover Air Force Base to comfort the families of our fallen, and honor the dead. It was well done, and the right thing to do, and I'm delighted. Moreover, he has continued his regular visits to the wounded vets at Walter Reed and Bethesda Naval. I had worried, in the first days of his presidency, that he might use these occasions as photo ops and promos for his presidency, but he has not. Morale of our soldiers suffers when he dithers, and soars when they see he understands and honors them. Which he clearly does. Good on him," - Michael Ledeen
Liz Cheney takes the low road  Oct. 30: Richard Wolffe, MSNBC political analyst and senior strategist at Public Strategies, discusses Liz Cheney lying in an effort to smear President Obama's visit to the Dover Air Base to salute the returning war dead. Also discussed are the newly released FBI notes from Dick Cheney's interview on the Valerie Plame leak.



* Joe Biden, on Dick Cheney’s claim that Obama is “dithering” in Afghanistan, according to a transcript of an interview set to air on CNN:
BIDEN: I like Dick Cheney personally, but I really don’t care what Dick Cheney thinks and I’m not sure a lot of Americans do.

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday some of my coworkers started complaining about how Obama isn't supporting the troops. It was all I could do to not scream in frustration.

    ReplyDelete