Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hilzoy

I agree. Hilzoy, digby, and Benen are my favorites. hilzoy will be sorely missed.

Apel: Hilzoy Quits

She is blogging through the rest of the week but will be hanging up her six-shooters at the end of it:

The main reason I started blogging, besides the fact that I thought it would be fun, was that starting sometime in 2002, I thought that my country had gone insane. It wasn't just the insane policies, although that was part of it. It was the sheer level of invective: the way that people who held what seemed to me to be perfectly reasonable views, e.g. that invading Iraq might not be such a smart move, were routinely being described as al Qaeda sympathizers who hated America and all it stood for and wanted us all to die...[It] seems to me that the madness is over. There are lots of people I disagree with, and lots of things I really care about, and even some people who seem to me to have misplaced their sanity, but the country as a whole does not seem to me to be crazy any more. Also, it has been nearly five years since I started. And so it seems to me that it's time for me to turn back into a pumpkin and twelve white mice.

I read a lot of bloggers. Over a thousand according to my RSS account. Hilzoy might be my favorite of the bunch. For purely selfish reasons, I hope that the blogging itch will be to much to bear and that she will relapse somewhere down the road.

The Dish wishes her nothing but the very, very best.

No comments:

Post a Comment